Monday, January 4, 2010

We FIGURED OUT what it is!



New Years never proved in the past to be as special as it was this year. We "figured out" on New Year's Eve that Baby Ainsworth, is Baby BOY Ainsworth! We are beside ourselves in the most wonderful way. He was very cooperative during the much anticipated ultrasound, and we were able to get some super good pics of him. I will add a few, HOWEVER, will refrain from sharing the "picture of proof"....To put it mildly, he certainly had no problems sharing his gender with us. It was beyond obvious that he wanted us to know he was a BOY! There is no mistake, there is no doubt. He's as boy as boy could possibly get. He was quite active the entire time...not being still for a split second. My daddy's response to that was "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!" I think he's 100% right. Is God preparing me for payback? I'm definitely starting to think so. :o)

Now the big time planning will start in full force! Nursery decor....little boy gear, and most of all, the search for the name of this little guy. I just thought the anticpation was great before we found out boy or girl, but it was truly NOTHING....Now the anticipation has really set in. I hope the next half goes as quickly as the first---I say that only because I can't wait to get lots of sugar, and smell my favorite smell in the world...a baby's breath! So far, it has been a fun ride, one like no other, and one that I have enjoyed to the fullest. He's been such a gentleman so far!

We had a wonderful Christmas, and are definitely looking foward to Christmas 2010. After this past Christmas, they shall never be the same, and there's certainly nothing in the world like Christmas through the eyes of a child.

We send wishes for a Happy New Year to all of our family and friends. May God shower you with blessings beyond your wildest dreams.

I have to say that amongst our happiness and excitement over the last few days, I experienced great sadness. Joe and Melanie Hendry of Petal, lost their middle son, Nick, to cystic fibrosis. Nick was 18 years old, and a Senior at Petal High School. Such a smart, Christian, and good lookin' fella' I might add. I remember the day Nick was born....his father Joe, and daddy were Hattiesburg Firefighters together for many, many years before they both retired. They lost their "little boy" the same day we found out we were having a "little boy"...New Year's Eve. As our New Year brought much joy, their New Year brought much heartache. A definite message from our Lord that He so graciously gives just as He takes away. I sat through the funeral yesterday afternoon, and had a really good cry....for many, many reasons. I thanked the Son for a son, and my heart broke for Joe and Melanie who had lost their son.

Please remember Joe, Melanie, Zack, and Sam in your deepest thoughts and prayers as they face the new year without their son and brother. Heaven definitely gained a tall, smart, handsome addition. He was a huge LSU fan...I'm sure as soon as he entered those pearly gates, St. Peter made him promise to be an Alabama fan before entering! (that's for Pam and her family!)

Sending a New Year full of love your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment